A new personal network where people can have more meaningful conversations – VEBBLER
Vebbler is a new personal network, developed with a mission to create a world where people can have more meaningful conversations with different relationships in their lives without one aspect of their life spilling into another. It is one of the first social web startups in India that aims to become a global platform for personal networking and is designed on Crowd Layering Model (CLM).
In a sentence, how is Vebbler different from other platforms?
If other networks are ‘newspapers’, Vebbler is more like a ‘personal diary’, a place where you can be yourself and express yourself freely.
Why use Vebbler? What problem are you trying to solve?
People across the World today are radically shifting the way they share and express themselves online. They now understand that there are certain things that you cannot share in large open networks, which you could in more intimate groups. With parents, teachers, colleagues and even Bosses online today, there is a need for an evolved of way of connecting and sharing. If you play so many different roles in your real life, there should be a way for you to easily connect in a similar way online.
Vebbler aims to address the problem of blind-sharing (sharing blindly without knowing which end users will be able to see your content) by creating layers for different relationships. We call this the ‘Crowd Layering Model‘ and it is a core of the user experience. The CL Model enables us to layer not only the way we share, but also different aspects of the Site. For example: When in office, you may want to remain online only to Workmates while offline for friends and family. It’s now very easy to do that on Vebbler because every relationship has already been layered right at the time of connecting.
What’s the traction in a month?
In two months, we have reached 30,000 users from 57 countried and 680 cities.
We are group of under 25s who’ve built this product in a year. Sahil handles the UX and UI, product management, marketing and HR, Ripal is Director of Technical and other employees consist of font-end and back-end engineers, database administrators and server administrators. Total strength is 7 people now.
Highlight some features:
- Clubs(for personal sharing): Clubs are a core element of Vebbler’s user experience. Today, two way relationships need to be layered in a seamless and user-friendly way. Clubs allows a user to add a person into different layers, such as friends, family, workmates and acquaintances. This enables a user to have an entirely separate space for sharing with each relationship.
- Followers (for public sharing): While keeping the closest 500 people in your Clubs, you can follow as many people you find interesting. This makes Vebbler a great platform for public conversations too, while keeping your private life intact.
- Bigger, Better Photos: Profile photos are big again and photographs are stored in high quality, making Vebbler a delightful platform for photographers and photography enthusiasts.
- ~Wavetags: Move over Hashtags. Now, start a ~Wave! Build conversations in real time, follow waves that interest you and see its popularity with the Wave-O-Meter.
- Search: Social search is beyond searching things by name. Searching interests, photos, waves and conversations around a particular topic creates a more intuitive search experience.
A personal network should be more privacy-aware right?
As a platform, privacy is embedded in our roots and is a pillar to different features of the Site. Here are a few ways we try to keep Vebbler private and secure:
The Way We Connect and Share:
On Vebbler you cannot simply ‘Add Friend‘. At the time of connecting, you have to add the individual into a particular layer, called a ‘Club‘. You have to determine whether that person is a friend, workmate etc. When that person adds you back, even he/she has to layer you into a particular Club. The process of layering a person is completely discreet so the no one knows who has added whom into which Club. Once connected, you get an entirely separate sharing space for that relationship, so that the respective person will see only see the content you want him/her to see.
The biggest scare online today is the way photos are shared and tagged. On most social platforms today, if the owner of the photo, say A tags his friend B, B gets all the owner rights to tag any person outside A’s sharing option. It simply overrides it. This can be very scary, and on Vebbler we have tackled this issue by going into it’s core. Only the owner can choose which people have the right to tag other people. Also, the owner decides to whom those photos can be tagged. So in our case, say A tags B in a photo. Now B can only tag those people who A has allowed through his sharing. This ensures that photos will be secured and only be seen by the people who ought to be seeing it.
Sharing Other People’s Content:
Another big scare online today is, the way people can simply share your content with people outside your privacy settings. Even if you share a particular post privately to someone, he/she can simply reshare that content publicly. So, how is private sharing really secured? On Vebbler, we give people the ability to ‘lock‘ a particular post. A person can lock a post before he/she shares it, and once selected, another person cannot reshare or repost that content to anybody else. It’s private and can only be seen by the intended audience. A person can also lock entire photo albums.
And most importantly….Trust:
Vebbler is modelled around ‘personal’ networking rather than ‘social‘ networking. An average person today has between 1000-1500 friends. Of these, the people you really can share with openly are probably 200-300 people. The rest of them are random people or mere acquaintances, so the chances of your content being seen by the wrong people significantly increases. On Vebbler, you can connect with a maximum of 500 people. This keeps the quality of the relationships high and provides a more intimate and judgement-free experience of sharing, where a person can be himself or herself. This is the model that most popular services are also moving into, like WhatsApp, Path, Avacado etc.
What’s the Indian social media market like?
- India has the youngest population in the World.
- India’s is growing to become of the most potential markets for social media the userbase. Most users are now coming from develeoping countries like India and Brazil.
- India is the number 2 market for Facebook (from 6) after the US. A successful homegrown network could create stiff competition.
- India has over 100+ million plus internet users, 60+ million mobile internet users. 2 out of 3 internet users in India access a social networking website everyday.
- India has one of the biggest and smartest IT industries, and while it still predominently remains a service industry, the recent wave of product companies, especially in the e-commerce sector could make India a strong product industry.
What’s next in store?
- Location Based Sharing
- Instant communication
- Automated and Custom Clubs
- More features for Photos
Visit More :- https://vebbler.com