SpotLoss: Keep track of everything from your keys to your phone to your kids
Spotloss provides a device that allows you to keep track of everything from your keys to your phone to your kids. The SpotLoss fob allows you to press a button on the fob to find your phone, or a button on your phone to find your fob.
Additionally, it is a proximity alert system. You can be notified by the fob or by your cellphone if the two devices become more than 50 meters apart, or conversely come within 50 meters of each other. This would notify you that you left your keys on your desk, that your child ran off in the mall, or that your sister is nearby. Besides an alarm, you can also be notified to a change in proximity by text or email.
- The range of the device is 50 meters (164 feet) and works through walls and other solids.
- Runs for a year on replaceable watch battery without recharging
- Uses a free app that allows users to easily customize settings
- Get texts or emails about proximity events.
- Works with iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPad 3, iPad 4, and iPad Mini.
- Will work with Android Bluetooth 4.0 devices shortly.
- Uses Bluetooth Low Energy (a.k.a. BlueSmart) protocol so the battery use is minimal
- 5.6 x 3.0 x 1.5 cm carabiner style easily attaches to almost anything.
- Connect up to ten devices to one phone or computer at the same time.
- Connects with cell phones and computers in a many-to-many relationship.
- Fob supports vibrating and variable pitch alerts.
- Printed circuit boards and their enclosures will be assembled in Upstate New York
Founders: – Christopher McLain, Code jockey, stepfather, husband, upstate New Yorker, runner, and Cornell graduate.
Launched on:- Jan/2012
Funding status: – None, but we have an Indiegogo campaign that we started today. See it here: http://www.indiegogo.com/spotloss
Visit for more detail:- http://www.spotloss.com
Contact Detail: Christopher McLain, 607-222-8641, email@example.com